Precio estimado :
$1 000 - $2 000
Comisión de la casa de subasta: 25%
IVA: 8.875% IVA sobre el precio total del lote y la comisión
(Newspaper). Niles’ Weekly Register. Baltimore.
Group of twelve issues, each features news concerning Jews internationally.
* 24th August, 1816: Jews Expelled from Lubec (“They never seem to have a home.”).
* 9th November, 1816: Gathering of the Jews (“[under a leader] named Hosannag Massas.”).
* 19th December, 1818: Greek Christians severely attacked Christians celebrating Mass in the Holy Sepulchre, Jerusalem.
* 19th March, 1825: Pope Clement VIII issues edict demanding the conversion of the Jews.
* 10th September, 1825: House of Rothschild loan to the Grand Duchy of Hesse.
* 21st October, 1826: Auto-da-Fe in Spain.
* 18th November, 1826: Reporting on the Jews of China (“These Jews are said to be honest and industrious and are esteemed by the Chinese.”).
* 9th May, 1829: Worldwide Jewish population statistics (“The idea of ever gathering together such a scattered nation… appears rather difficult, if not preposterous.”).
* 5th October, 1833: On the Emancipation of the Jews in Britain.
* 23rd November, 1833: Speech in the British House of Commons concerning Jewish disabilities (“Let us… support… a religion whose noblest distinction is that it first taught the human race the lesson of universal charity.”).
* 2nd August, 1834: Baron Rothschild to be honored with the title of royal banker to the Queen of Spain.
* 19th September, 1835: Various attacks against Jews in Hamburg, Germany (Jews defend themselves, no assistance from authorities; “it appeared a crime, even to the respectable class of citizens that the Jews dared to defend themselves… The remark was that … every two years [the Jews] required to be treated this way”).